The Big Idea: Break down complex things into simple things, but keep simple things simple.
- Ask yourself: is what you’re trying to do harder than putting man on the moon?
- We put a man on the moon by breaking up the problem into smaller steps.
- There are two types of men in the world: those who conquer fear and those who suffer from it. —Alexander the Great
- Conquer fear by breaking it down.
- You make the same amount of money as the average of your 5 closest friends. — Jim Rohn
- Follow and learn about the billionaires, inventors, great men in history and you’ll start to think like them.
- If you’re going to learn something, only learn from the best (billionaires, inventors, professional coaches).
- Keep simple things simple.
- Complex things should be broken down to simpler steps, so don’t oversimplify.
- Simple is not the same as easy.
- Everyone says they’re busy, even the people who aren’t accomplishing anything.
- Being busy is not the same as getting things done.
- Achievers are great at automating/ignoring/delegating simple things to focus on the hard things.
- Audit the time consuming parts of your life.
- Example of audit: commuting is a huge waste of time so always live close to where you work
- Books: Born to Run
- Examples: Arnold Schwarzenegger, 4 minute mile, Tarahumara tribe, Sam Walton, Elon Musk, Richard Branson
Tai Lopez is an entrepreneur, investor, and blogger who runs an awesome online book club. 67 Steps is a lecture series teaching how to be successful in health, wealth, love, and happiness. I’m a big fan.