The Big Idea: To get what you want, you have to deserve what you want. Awareness is key to success. If you’re not successful, be self-aware enough to understand why.
- The good life = health, wealth, love, and happiness.
- To get what you want, you have to deserve what you want. the world is not a crazy enough place to reward a bunch of undeserving people. —Charlie Munger
- Avoid the lottery approach to life.
- People who deserve a lot get a lot.
- There are three types of people: people who make things happen, people who watch things happen, and people who wonder what happened.
- Who would you have bet back in high school? What traits would they have? Would you have bet on yourself? — Warren Buffett
- Awareness is probably the most important driver of success.
- There is a time to stop and smell the roses but it’s not all time. —Joel Salatin
- Jennifer Lopez does not have a great voice but she’s an amazing entertainer and that’s why she’s successful.
- Ask yourself, who would you not bet on? And don’t be that person.
- Ideas don’t make you rich. Successful people often borrow from others and improve.
Tai Lopez is an entrepreneur, investor, and blogger who runs an awesome online book club. 67 Steps is a lecture series teaching how to be successful in health, wealth, love, and happiness. I’m a big fan.