The Big Idea: Follow the four seasons in your life. In the spring, you plant new seeds. In the summer, you work the land. In the fall, you harvest the crops. In the winter, you let the soil rest.
- Don’t be so ego-centric to think you can beat laws of nature and laws of physics.
- We will all get older and die, so get moving today.
- Starting a business is like having a child. The first year keeps you up at night. The second year is like the terrible two’s. Eventually, your business will take care of you in your old age.
- It took 50 years for Warren Buffett to become a billionaire (7 => 57), so start now.
- Becoming a millionaire takes time.
- Most entrepreneurs move around too much, stick with one thing.
- It might take 10,000 hours to obtain mastery.
- It might take 10 dark years to become a successful artist.
- Follow the four seasons in your life.
- Mass media shows us stories of successes (autumn) but never shows us stories of hard work (summer).
- During the summer, work the land (plan and work).
- During the autumn, harvest the crops (collect the rewards).
- During the winter, let the soil rest (read and rest).
- During the spring, plant seeds (experiment and test).
- Long hours and hard work will be required during certain times in your life or business.
- Don’t forget to appreciate each season while you’re there.
Tai Lopez is an entrepreneur, investor, and blogger who runs an awesome online book club. 67 Steps is a lecture series teaching how to be successful in health, wealth, love, and happiness.