The Big Idea: Experiment. Experiment. Experiment.
- Set the right goals and cut out anything that is not moving you towards your goals.
- Don’t delude yourself. Embrace the truth when you’re asking yourself if you’re moving towards your goals.
- Jeff Bezos is one of the best in the world at seeking and embracing the truth, especially through experimentation.
- The seven steps towards moving towards your goals
- 1. Ask question. (set a goal)
- 2. Research answer. (find some approaches)
- 3. Make a hypothesis. (try one approach)
- 4. Test it.
- 5. Observe.
- 6. Evaluate observation.
- 7. Ask smart people to review your progress. (don’t quit; just try a different approach)
- People are more likely to be consistent than to experiment to find the best approach.
- Don’t be stuck by the need to be consistent with your first approach. Consistency and commitment are very common cognitive biases.
- Experiment. Experiment. Experiment.
Tai Lopez is an entrepreneur, investor, and blogger who runs an awesome online book club. 67 Steps is a lecture series teaching how to be successful in health, wealth, love, and happiness. I’m a big fan.